I am so glad that you found your way to my little corner of the blogosphere. On the following pages you will get a glimpse into my life as I introduce myself, my family, my beliefs and probably more details that you would care to know about me. 🙂
God Had To Do A Mighty Work In Me
A number of years ago I began to have voice loss after a bout with cancer. As cancer sometimes does, it didn’t take my life, it took my self-worth. I was convinced God took my voice because I had nothing worth saying. Being sick for so long before being diagnosed shook my foundation and made me question everything I believed. It propelled me to pour over my Bible and pray like never before. I needed to know what I believed and why and it became my mission.
Eventually, I felt God telling me it was time. It was time to find my voice and it was time to write. I grabbed a notebook and pen and started writing down everything he gave me. I may not have considered myself a writer or someone who had anything worth saying but God said write so I wrote. He gave me two verses to stand on:
“For who hath despised the day of small things? For these seven shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel; these are the eyes of Jehovah, which run to and fro through the whole earth.” (Zechariah 4:10, ASV)
“And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.” (Habakkuk 2:2-3, KJV).
The Birth Of A Long-Buried Dream
Not everything God gives you is for others. I really thought God was giving me an amazing gift I could pass down for generations to come. Imagine struggling with life and having access to your past relative’s personal spiritual journey and the lessons learned! As I was seeking God during this time I kept wondering why he would bless everyone else with gifts but not bless me with any. I didn’t realize it at the time but God had to get me to a place that I could allow him to uncover long-buried dreams. I very much felt like Moses. In fact, when God spoke and said “It’s time to write” I laughed and said “Who, me?!? You want me to do WHAT?!?” The notebooks continued to grow and slowly this blog began to take shape.
Before I go any further, I want to explain something I get asked frequently: my blog is full of color and on my home page is a bunch of circles. I know the look isn’t popular right now but that is fine by me. Being popular isn’t always what it’s cut out to be. 🙂
I love color! I don’t have a favorite color but love them all. God has given us such gorgeous color to enjoy! Gray, white and barely-there colors are popular right now and I like them but I need to be surrounded by color! It makes me feel alive, energized, and creative. I pray you enjoy the colors of the blog as much as I do.
The circles. Not long after getting saved, we were driving to church. As we passed the fields of corn, I suddenly didn’t see corn but row after row of people with their arms raised towards heaven. Some had tears streaming down their faces, some had beautiful smiles, but all were worshipping God Almighty. The field of worshippers was vast…as far as my eyes could see. I have never looked at corn or circles the same again. I didn’t realize it at the time but that was my first vision from God. This blog is for all the souls searching, reaching, and loving Jesus Christ.
Speaking Of Blogs
I love blogs. I searched the internet and read blogs before I knew it was a thing. When I felt isolated and so depressed it was a great way for me to feel connected and gave me a glimpse into the life of others. It helped me to see that we are more alike than not. I pray my blog will help you in that area too. In fact, I encourage you to contact me with your prayer requests, questions, or anything you would care to share. Blogging is about connecting and I would love to hear about your journey!
What You Can Expect From Me And My Blog:
1. I plan to post as often as I feel led to write what God shares with me. One of the godliest and spiritually knowledgeable people I know is my husband. He has committed to read over and check for biblical accuracy everything I share with you.
2. I will not overflow your email with notifications of new posts to those who have requested to join my mailing list. We all get too much to keep up with so I aim to send out emails about once a month with my latest posts, a mini update on what is happening in my life, Christian books or songs that I am enjoying and want to pass along, and a bit of encouragement.
3. We all get burdened with life and sometimes we just need to be reminded that everything is going to be all right so you will find posts on encouragement from my imperfect heart to yours.
4. I believe the Bible is relevant and provides everyday answers so you will find posts on guidance to live godly lives.
5. It drives me crazy that newer Christians are instantly expected to know what maturing Christians have learned. Things of God are a process; line upon line, precept upon precept and never out-of-order. A newer Christian has to be taught how to step away from their old habits and behaviors so that the Holy Spirit can change them from the inside out. Along the top of my main page, you will find 5 headings. If you click on “Blog” the second set of headings will appear. Here you will find the section, Milk For Newer Christians. This section will help newer Christians get their feet wet with Christianity.
6. Maturing Christians can handle digging a bit deeper into the Word and learning about things like the armor of God, spiritual warfare, and their calling so if you follow the same steps as above, you will find the section, Meat For Maturing Christians.
So grab yourself refreshing drink, curl up on the couch, and let’s dig into what God wants us to learn today! I pray you enjoy your visit and come back soon!