I am so glad that you found your way to my little corner of the blogosphere. On the following pages you will get a glimpse into my life as I introduce myself, my family, my beliefs and probably more details that you would care to know about me. 🙂
God Had To Do A Mighty Work In Me
About 7 years ago I began to have voice loss after a bout with cancer. As cancer sometimes does, it didn’t take my life, it took my self-worth. I was convinced God took my voice because I had nothing worth saying. Being sick for so long before being diagnosed shook my foundation and made me question everything I believed. It propelled me to pour over my Bible and pray like never before. I needed to know what I believed and why and it became my mission.
Just over a year ago I felt God telling me it was time. It was time to find my voice and it was time to write. I grabbed a notebook and pen and started writing down everything he gave me. I may not have considered myself a writer or someone who had anything worth saying but God said write so I wrote. He gave me two verses to stand on:
“For who hath despised the day of small things? For these seven shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel; these are the eyes of Jehovah, which run to and fro through the whole earth.” (Zechariah 4:10, ASV)
“And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.” (Habakkuk 2:2-3, KJV).
Not everything God gives you is for others. I really thought God was giving me an amazing gift I could pass down for generations to come. Imagine struggling with life and having access to your past relative’s personal spiritual journey and the lessons learned! As I was seeking God during this time I kept wondering why he would bless everyone else with gifts but not bless me with any. I didn’t realize it at the time but God had to get me to a place that I could allow him to uncover long-buried dreams. I very much felt like Moses. In fact, when God spoke and said “It’s time to write” I laughed and said “Who, me?!? You want me to do WHAT?!?” The notebooks continued to grow and slowly this blog began to take shape.
Speaking Of Blogs
I love blogs. I searched the internet and read blogs before I knew it was a thing. When I felt isolated and so depressed it was a great way for me to feel connected and gave me a glimpse into the life of others. It helped me to see that we are more alike than not. I pray my blog will help you in that area too. In fact, I encourage you to contact me with your prayer requests, questions, or anything you would care to share. Blogging is about connecting and I would love to hear about your journey!
What You Can Expect From Me And My Blog:
1. I plan to post once or twice a week and notifications of the new posts will go out on Tuesday mornings to those who have requested to join my mailing list.
2. We all get burdened with life and sometimes we just need to be reminded that everything is going to be all right so you will find encouragement from my imperfect heart to yours.
3. I believe the Bible is relevant and provides everyday answers so you will find guidance to live godly lives.
4. It drives me crazy that newer Christians are instantly expected to know what maturing Christians have learned. Things of God are a process; line upon line, precept upon precept and never out-of-order. A newer Christian has to be taught how to step away from their old habits and behaviors so that the Holy Spirit can change them from the inside out. Along the top of my main page, you will find 5 headings. If you click on Discipleship a second set of headings will appear. Here you will find the section, Milk For The Newer Christians. This section will help newer Christians get their feet wet with Christianity.
5. Maturing Christians can handle digging a bit deeper into the Word and learning about things like the armor of God and their calling so if you follow the same steps as above, you will find the section, Meat For The Maturing Christians.
So grab yourself a coffee, curl up on the couch and let’s dig into what God wants us to learn today! I pray you enjoy your visit and come back soon!